Our client in Windsor, Ontario has an immediate opening for a CNC Lathe Machinist.
- Study drawings and specifications to determine dimensions, tolerances and the sequence of machining operations using knowledge of shop mathematics, metal properties and the methodology and procedures of machining
- Ensure that all lay-out lines, points and dimensions are accurately marked on the detail to be machined and that the machine is set-up in accordance with the lines, points and dimensions
- Observe machining progress to verify conformance of the detail to specifications by using measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, micrometers, Vernier and fixed gauges
- De-burr and finish the detail after machining by filing, grinding or scraping
- Monitor and maintain the machine and its functions as they relate to the general cleanliness of the machine, scheduled maintenance of the machine, coolant pressure, power, temperature and capacity
- Understand the necessary tooling for specific machines to accomplish the machining per blueprint specifications
- To understand and have knowledge of machine mechanics and/or its control function depending on the type of machine assigned, insuring that assigned function can be completed for specific machine
- For CNC controlled machines, the operator is to understand the function of the specific Controller capabilities program parameters in order to load, evaluate and run specific program
- Input additions, deletions and change to the machining program as instructed by the CAM department
- Completed Apprentice Program and Certification in the trade by the Province of Ontario or equivalent and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years work related experience
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Able to program G&M code
- Heidenhain experience is a must; and Fanuc/Siemens is preferred.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 107.
Job Number: 5266