Our client located Markham Ontario has an immediate opening for a Controls Technician.
Pay Rate: $36-37/hr plus shift premium
• Ensures safe practices prior to working on any equipment as to prevent harm to him/herself & to other (eg. Lockout procedure, barricading areas, safe handling of materials, etc.); make supervisor aware of any unsafe procedures or areas so corrective actions can be taken.
• Improve Electrical and Control Circuits
• Improve hydraulic circuits and systems in regards to stoppage of leaks, cleanliness of hydraulic oil, replacement of untidy pipes and hoses, etc.
• Passes on information, experience and knowledge to other maintenance employees in regards to repair jobs, preventative maintenance problem symptoms, etc. which was received during his/her shift.
• Inform manager or supervisor about changes in hydraulic, mechanic, electric and pneumatic circuits.
• Work in a cost effective manner and maintains a high standards of quality and excellent workmanship.
• Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production and production supporting equipment as outlined in the
Individual work instructions.
• Maintain safety standards of equipment and work areas according to established procedures and as instructed by the manager or supervisor.
• Assist in the development of preventative & predictive maintenance, spare parts tracking & inventory system.
• Report to your manager or supervisor any concerns that would affect the smooth operation of the department or of the equipment.
• Continuous personnel improvement to learn all aspects of maintenance (both electrical/mechanical fields) as to improve the effectiveness of the overall department.
• Document all tasks completed work orders and submit to supervisor for review and filing.
• Organization of maintenance stockroom and sign-out any parts required using the MRO procedure.
• Responsible for daily, weekly, etc., PM’s for assigned equipment.
• Develop maintenance plans for new or existing equipment under direction from manager or supervisor.
• Evaluate new project, prepare BOM, request for quotation and order parts as required
• Ontario Industrial Electrician (442A, 309A)
• Minimum of 7 years experiences troubleshooting and repairing mechanical presses, CNC machines and welding equipment.
• Good working understanding of electro-mechanical principles.
• Must have strong PLC knowledge, minimum 2 years experiences in writing, programming, and trouble-shooting Programmable Logic (Siemens Step 7, Allen Bradley 5, SLC505, etc.)and troubleshooting experience
• Valid scissor lift and lift truck certificate.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision and be reliable
• Able to problem solve quickly and efficiently.
• Good communication skills and must be able to communicate fluently in English (both written and verbal)
• Willingness to work as a team and get along well with others
• Must be flexible with working hours and breaks
• Willing to take responsibility for their work and respond to company needs; i.e. work overtime as required to meet deadline
• Working knowledge of IATF & ISO14001 systems.
• Confined Space, Lockout/Tagout & WHMIS training.
• Computer literate and able to use MS office, etc.
• Able to train and evaluate apprentice’s experienced in the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as millimeters, amp clamps and meggers to test electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite.
• Be able to read, interpret, and modify electrical prints and schematics and document all self-created changes.
• General understanding and hands on experience with explosion proof and intrinsically safe work environments. Knowledge of applicable NEC and NFPA codes.
• Complete understanding of Plant electrical systems, including DC voltage and AC voltage from 24V to 600V.
• Complete understanding of relay and discrete device control systems.
• Proficiency in electrical installations with conduit and wiring practices.
• Experience using sensing and control devices.
• Experience using both DC and AC motors, VF Drives and Servo Controlled Systems (Allen Bradley preferred).
• Experience with plant floor automation and office Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net network wiring and Fiber optic Net-works.
• Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design, and Federal and State codes.
• Responsible for ensuring that equipment specific energy control procedures are developed for all equipment that pre-sent the potential for the release of hazardous energy
• Must fully understand and adhere to the ARC Flash & electrical shock prevention policy.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact George Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number 2194