Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will review customer RFQ’s and will manage all aspects of estimating costs for new programs and transfer jobs, of preparing all related RFQ documents, and of submitting all quotes and proposals via customer specific templates and web portals. Additionally, you will utilize your superior communication and teamwork skills to ensure that all cross-functional team members are aware of all specific production, purchasing and labour assumptions used in the quote as well as all commitments made to the customer as part of the RFQ process.
• Responsible for quoting requirements for new / transfer programs
• Responsible to communicate competitive sources & pricing pertaining to tooling, resins & components to the Purchasing & Materials Supervisor
• Responsible to articulate quote terms & conditions of products to the Purchasing & Materials Supervisor; Materials Dept. and Quality Dept.
• Responsible for feasibility studies pertaining to new / transfer programs
• Present estimates and conduct review meetings with personnel responsible for Pricing approval
• Establish unit costs, labor rates, productivity factors and location impacts
• Assist plant & materials dept. with cost savings, feasibility studies, continuous improvements, time studies & US awarded business
• Responsible to quote 3 suppliers on all tooling, resin and components unless deviation requested
• Responsible to attend QPP meetings with Program Managers & Team
• Responsible to articulate quoted budgets on all tooling, resin, colorant and components to Program Managers and plant personnel
• Responsible for the compilation of pricing breakdown sheets for presentation to the customer
• Responsible for sending the breakdown to the respective sales agent
• Responsible for the organized filing of completed quotes , background information and the update of the quote log
• Over 5 years’ experience in the plastic injection industry, familiarity with machinery and equipment dedicated to plastic processing.
• 3-years cost estimating experience
• Proven track-records in R&D environment
• Computer skills – Microsoft Office; Project Manager; AutoCAD
• Experience and demonstrated success of working with Tier 1 and Tier 2 Automotive clients a key asset
• Injection mold design and/or maintenance experience an asset
• Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Standard & IATF 16949:2016 Specification & Customer Specifics
• Knowledge of Lean Mfg. Methodology
• Knowledge of common business practices concerning the process of purchasing and selling of goods and services from both the supplier and customer viewpoints
• Knowledge of basic Cost Accounting Principles concerning variable/fixed overhead, direct/indirect labor, SG&A, capital costs/depreciation and their application to product pricing and cost analysis
• Knowledge of injection manufacturing
• Knowledge of Automotive Industry practices of buying and selling
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints at an intermediate skill level
• Ability to work overtime as needed
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability.
Job Number – 2057