Our client, located in Hamilton , ON, has an immediate opportunity for an EDM Programmer.
• Modify parts (forms, inserts, punches) on CAD to toolmakers specifications for any changes to old dies, or development of new dies and inform Engineering of changes.
• Use precision instruments to plan, inspect, layout and perform all machining operations.
• Maintain & repair machine tools & related equipment.
• Set up and operate EDM machinery for use in developmental kick press operations.
• Program and draw parts on CAD as required.
• Set up EDM machine to properly cut desired pieces. Involves deciding the set-up of the part and the block to best utilize machinery and efficient use of materials.
• Set up, program and operate all EDM machines as required.
• Clean finished pieces before returning to tool room.
• Measure and inspect for compliance to drawing.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
• Perform machine repairs as required and ensuring adequate available inventory of machined parts.
• Complete all necessary paperwork, ensure all EDM information is current (programs, drawings, hard copies)
• Keep work area neat and orderly.
• Perform any other duties as requested by supervision.
• Upgrade EDM Machines as new technology comes available.
- Understand the principles of SPC chart and when necessary.
• High level of computer knowledge is a must
• Ability to program EDM machines a must
- Ability to program CNC machines is preferred
• Basic machine set-up knowledge.
• Use of measuring tools is an asset.
• Excellent working knowledge of machines.
• Knowledge of blueprint, drawings and specifications.
• Community college or Technical School training or recognized equivalency or certification in a recognized specialty, technical or trades area (generally consisting of two or more years of instruction)
• Proven problem-solving skills, trouble shooting and continuous improvement ability.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts such as rotating and straight: days, afternoons and/or nights
• Ability to work overtime, as required.
• Ability to work in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Matthew Halliwell at email@example.com or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 102 with any questions.