Our client located in the Northeast, British Columbia has an immediate opening for an Electrical Supervisor
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
- Drives continuous safety, quality and environmental improvement through active participation and leadership with employees.
- Supervise electrical department personnel, including training, performance management and scheduling activities.
- Assist with hiring and orientating new employees.
- Develop self and staff to ensure personal and professional growth.
- Lead and participate in process improvement, cost reduction and continuous improvement projects.
- Schedule and assign all tasks required to meet preventative/predictive electrical maintenance needs of the facility including hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics and power distribution (transformers & PDC), and motor control, variable speed drives (AC & DC) utilizing the EAM system.
- Manage inventory of spares and critical spares according to site business plan and engage with key suppliers to optimize cost savings opportunities for the department.
- Supervise construction, installation, modification, troubleshooting and repair of equipment including EOM and Cap-X projects.
- Work closely with Vendors, Regulatory Agencies, Corporate Engineering and our Project
- Managers to meet plant objectives, diagnose complex problems, and meet plant goals.
- Develop PLC & HMI software programs to operate or improve plant equipment.
- Participate on multi-function site business team and manage to department budget.
- Maintain knowledge of industry-wide technological developments.
- Ensure compliance and perform all duties in accordance with all safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant electrical equipment, operations and predictive/preventative maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental rules, laws, requirements, and applicable programs.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the correct application of systems and processes that ensure continuous improvement (safety, environmental, maintenance, quality and manufacturing)
- Knowledge of continuous operation manufacturing process and improvement process.
- Knowledge of medium and high voltage systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC’s and the writing and troubleshooting of control logic, programming, HMI systems, data communications networking, electronic and instrumentation equipment.
- Knowledge of IT systems, PC hardware and software, servers, fiber optic cabling and network switches.
- Knowledge of current management and supervisory techniques.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and math skills.
- Basic budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively motivate, coach and lead direct reports through daily assignments and to effectively lead meetings and team assignments.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to implement change.
- Ability to use computer and programs with reasonable proficiency.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact George Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number 1926