Our client has an immediate opportunity for an Electrician to join their team.
Wage: $32 per hour + Benefits and Pension contributions
Shift: Must be willing to work shifts as needed including: Days, afternoons, nights and weekends.
- Perform daily checks (continuity, current, voltage and resistance) and diagnostics on equipment.
- Repair, install and test the equipment. (Transformers, regulators, motors, generators, electrical control system)
- Design control panels and install circuit power distribution.
- Interpret the requirements of the electrical code and ensure compliance.
- Responding to emergencies during breakdown.
- PLC programming (A.P.I.)
- Other related tasks Skills profile
- Efficient and organized.
- Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative.
- Analytical, conscientious and flexible.
- Results-oriented, in compliance with safety standards.
- Have a College degree in Instrumentation/Control or a degree of professional studies recognized for certified Electrician.
- At least 5 years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably in a timber complex.
- Have a “C” license as an electrician; qualified certification.
- Know the Omron PLCs would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Sawmill and/or planer experience will be considered an asset.
- Be available to work on shifts day, evening or night.
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike Macleod at firstname.lastname@example.org .