Senior Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Location: Brampton Ontario
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop H&S awareness programs to promote safety as responsibility of all employees.
• Serve as management co-chair for JHSEC in compliance with company and legislative requirements
• Prepare and conduct JHSC meetings on monthly basis and coordinate related activities.
• Conduct accident and near miss investigations & reviews and workplace inspections and take leadership role in root cause analysis and corrective actions
• Develop and communicate Hazard alerts and other HSE related communications with Shop Floor
• Follow up with and assist Supervisors, Managers and Senior Management regarding corrective action requests and continuous improvement activities.
• Complete and maintain all risk assessments for equipment in the building. Review annually.
• Establish written safety standards in conjunction with HR Manager and assist in review of Employee Handbook regarding H&S-related policies and procedures when required.
• Assist and follow up with employees regarding any safety related issues, incl. arranging for safety boots suppliers on site.
• Assist Human Resources Manager with H&S related aspects of EOS action plan.
• Communicate H&S policies and procedures, JHSEC activities and accident statistics at monthly employee meetings.
• Prepare safety and environmental presentations for Small Group Meetings
• Maintain H&S communication board, incl. JHSEC member’s pictures and emergency contact list.
• Arrange for maintenance of the First Aid room and keep the first aiders list up to date.
• Participate and complete all projects for the WSIB Employer Safety Group Program
• Monitor and control forklift operator controls (maintain swipe card access) and press locks
• Ensure annual review of Emergency Spill Plan and Fire Safety and Emergency Response Plan and Teams in conjunction with Maintenance Manager.
• Conduct New Employee Safety and Environmental Orientation.
• Conduct any other required safety or environment training.
• Manage divisional Ergonomic Program according to company expectations and requirements.
• Maintain and update incident tracking database on HSELinx on a quarterly basis.
• Drive MAFACT activities and requirements.
• Regular presence on the shop floor (minimum of 20% of time)
- 3 years’ experience in health, safety and environmental role in an industrial environment (Regulation 851)
- Post-secondary degree or certification in Occupational Health & Safety or in progress
- WSIB Certification preferred.
- CRSP designation an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of shop floor procedures and practices in automotive industry.
- Working knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act (TDGA), Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA), Press Code Z142, Z460 Control of Hazardous Energy and other relevant H&S and environmental legislation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint required.
- Training required: Orientation, Fire Extinguisher, First Aid, Magna Supervisor Competency Parts I & II, Magna Health and Safety and the Law, Forklift (Safe Handling of Propane), Oxy-Acetylene, Crane, Emergency Procedures for Power Presses, Die Setter, Lockout, Robotic Safety for Maintenance Workers, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Confined Space – Tanks and Enclosed Areas, Trainer the Trainer Crane & Forklift, Contractor Safety Program, Accident Investigation, Emergency Evacuation, Machine Risk Assessment, Ergonomics, Working at Heights, Internal Auditor, First Aid Reg 1101, Young Workers Awareness, Lockout Train the Trainer, NPRI Magna or Ministry of Environment Training, 5S, CI Suggestion Program. Other training as required.
- ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 training as prescribed by QEMS (see matrixes).
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Job # 2043