Our client has an immediate opportunity for a General Machinist to join their team.
Wage: $28 – $33/hr
- Utilizes measuring tools used in the machine trade
- Verifies the diameter and length of the order and conducts visual inspections of products prior to beginning process
- Responsible for the loading and un-loading of the machine, using the overhead crane, marking of finished product and maintain oil levels
- Ensure that all machined materials and parts conform to process sheet
- Reports non-conformances to the Shop foreman
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the shop foreman, including keeping the work area clean and tidy
- Reports status of materials to the shop foreman as required
- Performs routine daily maintenance on equipment, inspection & records data
- Meet job time estimates
- Inspects work in progress and upon completion for adherence to drawing specifications.
- Completes all required in process inspection sheets and sign off
- Debur all parts as require/directed by Shop foreman
- Report damage to tools and machines immediately.
- Determine root cause for tooling issues and report to Shop Foreman.
- Apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, and machining techniques, using machinery (Manual and CNC Lathes, Milling Machines, Horizontal Boring Mills,etc), hand and power tools
- Read and interpret blue prints, sketches, drawings, manuals specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions, surface finishes and tolerances of finished work pieces
- Verify dimensions of machined parts for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as: micrometers, verniers, height gauges, depth micrometer, thread gauges and other specialized instruments.
- Repair and build fixtures and jigs for production purposes as requested by Shop Foreman
- Confer with shop foreman to resolve issues
- Reports deviations from specifications and tolerances to shop foreman
- Work within a team environment
- Minimum 7 years machining experience in a custom machine shop environment
- Red Seal Machinist certificate preferred or grandfathered due to experience
- Be familiar with technical requirements, machine set-up and maintenance
- Be knowledgeable/trained in ISO 9001-2015 and Z299 requirements and standards.
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Jim Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 107 with any questions.