Our client located in Northern Ontario has an immediate opening for a General Manager – Maintenance & Engineering
- Experience in a Kraft Mill or comparable manufacturing industry with 5+ years in a similar capacity & a minimum 10 years of experience in a continuous process industry.
- High level of integrity and conviction.
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities.
- Education: Minimum of 2 years’ post-secondary education. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering will be preferred.
- Minimize downtime and improve reliability by effective preventive maintenance system in the Kraft Mill.
- Ensure for equipment history and maintenance scheduling as per OEM recommendations.
- Execute capital projects within cost and time limits with best engineering practices.
- Manage department manpower and resources to get the job done
- Optimize maintenance cost by effective resource planning.
- Plan and execute shutdown and critical jobs in coordination with production department.
- Effective Spare Part planning and optimizing inventory levels.
- Lead engineering team for detailed engineering plans, procurement, shutdown & major repairs.
- Create & promote innovative maintenance culture across maintenance department.
- Develop and promote a cost reduction program and support cost savings initiatives.
- Ensure for world-class maintenance systems that exceed local safety and environmental regulations. Promote a safety culture, implement and maintain health, safety and housekeeping programs.
- Skills analysis, to develop competencies by way of mentoring, coaching and training in coordination with HR.
- Develop team members and execute HR processes.
- Comply with collective agreement while fostering sound union/management employee relations. Provide leadership to department personnel to address their day-to-day operating and maintenance issues.
- Ensure direct reports demonstrate effectiveness in role are provided development opportunities.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability.