Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Journeyman Electrician to join their team.
Wage: $37 per hour + Benefits – per union agreement
Shift: Must be able and willing to work shifts as needed including: Days, afternoons, nights and weekends.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the Electrician is a key member of the maintenance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the maintenance team with all electrical, electronic, instrumentation and process control programming and computer networking on the plant site to ensure maximum uptime of the facility.
- Configuring, developing and programming industrial computer network and PLC systems.
- Optimizing the facilities; process control systems, as well as, improving reliability of the process systems.
- Maintaining a high level of safety awareness by continually adhering to safety standards and ensuring participation in safety meetings.
- Following and adhering to lock-out procedures.
- Maintaining the equipment to ensure maximum running time and tuning programs for the maximum throughput and quality.
- Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining VFD, and DC drives.
- Installing new electrical equipment and maintaining on a preventative maintenance schedule
- Ensuring computers, LAN and programs are serviced effectively and that computer programs are designed, implemented and the required training of operators is conducted.
- Preparing and submitting proposals for upgrading equipment and programming.
- Assisting in the installation of approved improvement projects.
- Ensuring the use of correct procedures when dealing with hazardous materials and spills and ensuring the reporting of spills is carried out in a prompt and responsible manner.
- Certified Journeyman Electrician with Inter-Provincial certification
- Preventative maintenance program training
- At least 5 years experience in the trade in an industrial plant.
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work as a functional team member, as well as, independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines.
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike Macleod at firstname.lastname@example.org .