Our client has an immediate opportunity for 3 Machinists to join their team in the Windsor, ON, area.
Shifts: Rotating Shifts on a 2-week rotation.
Wage: $24 – $30 per hour – Depending on experience and educational background
- Study drawings and specifications to determine dimensions, tolerances and the sequence of machining operations using knowledge of shop mathematics, metal properties and the methodology and procedures of machining
- Ensure that all lay-out lines, points and dimensions are accurately marked on the detail to be machined and that the machine is set-up in accordance with the lines, points and dimensions
- Observe machining progress to verify conformance of the detail to specifications by using measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, micrometers, Vernier and fixed gauges;
- De-burr and finish the detail after machining by filing, grinding or scraping
- Monitor and maintain the machine and its functions as they relate to the general cleanliness of the machine, scheduled maintenance of the machine, coolant pressure, power, temperature and capacity
- Understand the necessary tooling for specific machines to accomplish the machining per blueprint specifications
- For CNC controlled machines, the operator is to understand the function of the specific Controller capabilities program parameters in order to load, evaluate and run specific program
- Input additions, deletions and change to the machining program as instructed by the CAM department
- Completed Apprentice Program and Certification in the trade by the Province of Ontario or equivalent and/or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3-5 years work related experience;
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team; and
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with Fanuc and Heidenhein controls would be an asset.
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike MacLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 103 with any questions.