Our client located in St. Thomas Ontario, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Department Leader.
• Completion of a specialized course(s) taught in recognized community colleges and universities, consisting of more than two academic years. Or equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• A minimum of five years Leadership experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects company Expectations, Visions/Values through our Employee Charter.
• Ensure quality communication and dialogue between all levels of the organization.
• Follow and abide by all government, Legal and Company rules and regulations.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Ensure that Business Plan and Departmental Goals and Objectives are met (People, Investor, Customer).
• Provides instruction, guidance and leadership to employees by assisting in solving day to day problems, utilizing the company Employee Charter while implementing the policies and procedures of the company.
• Plans and directs the utilization, maintenance and use of all machinery, equipment and manpower to achieve the most effective results.
• Develop and support Departmental leadership succession plans.
• Ensure that short and long term planning is established for department in the areas of, but not limited to, Operating and capital budgets, manpower planning, CIP and cost reduction plans, Quality, Safety, Environmental and Employee satisfaction and motivation.
• Develop programs for record retention, continuous improvement, build standards, job training and Key Performance Indicators.
• Support 5S activities.
• Participate in the creation and implementation of clearly defined rules of conduct and communications.
• Provide training and work instructions in the areas of, but not limited to, Health & Safety, TS 16949, ISO14001, job specific etc.
• Reinforce the Open Door process.
• Participate in recruiting of personnel by conducting interviews as required.
• Participate in the monthly Team Member meetings and provide timely feedback on issues and concerns.
• Ensure that job counseling and performance feedback is being appropriately provided.
• Ensure policies and procedures are created objectively and approved / reviewed as required.
• Ensure departmental compliance to all health and safety procedures / standards.
• Ensure that workplace inspections are conducted and unsafe conditions or acts are addressed.
• Ensure that all Accidents/Incident Investigations are completed and corrective actions are implemented.
• Ensure that corrective measures including discipline where necessary are taken for unsafe conditions or acts.
• Educate support and promote corporate initiatives i.e. Employee’s Charter, EOS, Hotline, Fairness Committee, and the Employee Advocate.
• Manage without discrimination and personal bias, which includes race, creed or any prohibited grounds as outlined in Human Rights legislation.
• Perform other duties as designated.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact George Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number 1954