Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Maintenance & Facilities Manager to join their team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Distribute work, organize maintenance schedule (including PM program) for tooling operations.
• Responsible for applicable ISO 9001 (current revision level) Operating Manual sections.
• Liaison with outside contractors for repair and installation of machinery/ equipment as required.
• Maintain, repair various machinery/equipment/hand tools as scheduled or required.
• Fabrication of equipment/items as required for the purpose of maintenance/facilities/production.
• Operate/troubleshoot various lathes, mills, surface grinders.
• Ensure equipment meets all required standards.
• Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
• Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
• Prepare reports/maintain records and communicate all required information as required or appropriate.
• Ensure employee development, teamwork, quality work environment through regular meetings/feedback, training, appraisal and maintain open communications.
• Ensure consistent application of plant rules, policy, procedures including progressive discipline.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as required and assigned.
• Make recommendations as appropriate and/or initiate building repair/maintenance using external contractors or liaise with maintenance personnel ensuring timely completion
• Assist the company in the development of effective loss control procedures (including fire protection/safety)
• Ensure company compliance for health & safety/environment/facilities audits, or any other related legislative/corporate/divisional programs/directives, etc.
• Direct required activities to maintain ISO 14001 / ISO 9001 systems to ensure ongoing compliance
• Assist in effective utilization of floor capacity, office layout and set up, as required
• Ensure that EMS requirements are established, implemented and maintained and serve as the Management Representative for EMS.
• Required to train employees on policies, procedures & work instructions applicable to work area according to QEMS
• Responsible for applicable QEMS policies, procedures and work instructions
• Responsible to carry out duties for Health, Safety, and Environment in accordance with the HS&E Agreement for Supervisor/Leadhand – Addendum
• Electrician or Millwright License and a Diploma/certificate in Electronics
• Knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic systems (i.e. Presses and mills)
• Previous or demonstrated leadership capabilities.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Familiarity with robots
• Knowledge / Experience using MP2 or maintenance Software
• Building Code knowledge
• Knowledge of building/site & Operations
• General Building Construction Practices/Fundamentals, Orientation, TDG, Fire code/safety/extinguisher use, ISO/14001 (auditing) & ISO 9001 (auditing), Spill Control, NPRI, WHMIS, Loss Prevention, Voice Communications System, Safe Handling of Lead Paint, PCB Inspections, Ultra Filtration Unit, Propane & Compressed Gases, Contractor Safety., OHS knowledge, Forklift, Crane, Safety Procedures/Controlled Entry, Emergency Procedures for Power Presses, PLC, SPC, Control of Quality Records, Document Control Policy & Procedure, 3R/Waste Management, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 training as prescribed by QEMS (see matrixes), 5S, CI Suggestion Program, Fair & Effective Discipline, Managing Performance, Communication Skills, Health Safety & the Law, Managing the Employee Charter, EAP Awareness, Harassment & Discrimination, Fairness Committee Overview.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.