Our client located in Terrace Bay, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Planner
Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning a backlog of work for future scheduling. This requires liaison with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC), Maintenance Supervisors and Reliability Engineers to plan area and major maintenance shutdown work for the mill. The planner will also identify the proper allocation of maintenance resources including labour, materials, time, tools, equipment and methods while meeting safety, environmental and cost objectives in compliance with Corporate Principles and Guidelines and applicable legislation. The incumbent will also be required to provide relief crew supervision and participate in the “On Call” rotation along with other members of the maintenance team.
- Managing new work requests with OMC, Maintenance Supervisors & Reliability Engineers
- Maintaining & managing lists of Planned & Unplanned (Backlog)
- Ensuring the correct materials, services and tooling are available to perform the required work
- Working within a cross-functional team
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma programs or Millwright Red Seal Certification.
- 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience with planning systems
- Strong organization skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Flexible and ability to adapt to changing priorities
Please submit resumes to
firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability.
Job Number 1851