Our client located in Northeast, British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Superintendent
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
- Lead staff development in: hiring practices, orientation, training, and evaluating & guiding performance.
- Forecast, develop, and manage the maintenance budget.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet plant objectives, diagnose complex equipment problems, meet plant goals and manage department budget.
- Develop and lead preventative/predictive maintenance, including working with Hydraulics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Process Control, Pneumatic, Power Transmissions, Welding, and Fabrication, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment, oil analysis and NDT.
- Manage and oversee parts and maintenance programs and inventory.
- Assist in developing plans for engineering improvements.
- Initiate & lead in process improvement, cost reduction and capital project programs.
- Work closely with vendors, regulatory agencies, corporate engineering and project managers to accomplish plant goals and objectives.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, or Journeyman Red Seal Millwright or Electrician.
- 7+ years’ directly related maintenance management experience.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a large group of employees.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of company products, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of plant equipment, operations, predictive/preventative maintenance and CMMS systems and effective project management practices.
- Knowledge of current management and supervisory techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant equipment.
- Demonstrated organizational, budgeting and computer skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair machinery through the use of blue prints, P&ID schematics and root/cause failure analysis.
- Ability to manage and direct the capital and EOM plan.
- Demonstrated experience working with Hydraulics, Electrical, Pneumatic, Power Transmission, Welding, and Fabrication.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability.
Job Number 1821