Our client located in St. Thomas, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Material Planning Area Lead
- Perform all duties and promote yourself in a manner that reflects company expectations and visions and values.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal and company rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Schedule, supervise, co-ordinate and direct the activities of the Material Planning team to ensure coverage and support is available for all departments as required.
- Act on behalf of Assistant/Department leader in their absence.
- Responsible for 10 – 15 team members.
- Establish and maintain effective communication/interaction with all other departments.
- Oversee all areas of material flow, shipping and receiving throughout the plant.
- Monitor and adjust inventory balances as required, investigate inventory problems and implement solution to source.
- Enter, monitor and maintain all records as required to support Customer Delivery ratings.
- Develop, implement and guide team in maintaining work instructions to support departmental process as outlined in the Business Operating System.
- Maintain Team Member records and deliver discipline as necessary.
- Be able to operate and maintain all machinery and equipment in assigned area of responsibility and possess a solid understanding and knowledge of the work to be performed by the department.
- Maintain team member payroll.
- Supervise team members.
- Attend, lead and/or participate in team, department and any other meetings as required to communicate information to all team members.
- Ensure departmental compliance to all Health and Safety procedures / standards.
- Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and ensure all duties are performed in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies.
- Conduct 5S and Layered Process Audits as outlined.
- Conduct safety talks and communicate safety bulletins.
- Train Team Members on the specific job hazards.
- Facilitate Accident and Incident Investigations.
- Enforce safety rules and correct unsafe acts or conditions
- Perform other duties as designated.
- University or college diploma preferably in Materials Management.
- CAPIC certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in an automotive environment.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 1849