Our client located in St. Thomas Ontario, has an immediate opening for a Materials Coordinator.
Shift: shifts including Midnights
Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent education.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed APICs courses or certification or post-secondary education in Materials Management, or have a minimum of 2 years in Logistics and Transportation coordination
- Experience working with a formalized MRPII or ERP system
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving preferred
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects our Expectations and our Visions/Values through our Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal and Company rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Schedule and coordinate production material inbound and / or outbound.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in achieving goals.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all production a support groups, including outside groups (transportation, custom brokers, customers and suppliers).
- Keep all team members informed of daily requirements; based on EDI information.
- Maintain accurate documentation of shipping, receiving and material handling related reporting activities as required.
- Create deliveries as required for customers and verify ASN processing.
- Track and monitor all returnable packaging; arrange for repair as required.
- Monitor and respond to all customer/carrier/broker websites as scheduled.
- Log, label, designate storage locations, contact person responsible and arrange the delivery of all material received outside of production. (SMR, Prototype, unknown items).
- Maintain shunting services and control of material in trailers that have been shunted.
- Instruct and advise of shipping and receiving priorities and changes.
- Arrange all pick-ups and deliveries including expedites to determine carrier, times and the dock location that we will receive them on.
- Notify appropriate people of all status changes to schedule.
- Assist with resolving scheduling issues.
- Attend and participate in area meetings.
- Assist in the formation and revision of delivery performance guidelines.
- Maintain accurate documentation of delivery performance records and related activities.
- Assist in the formation and revision of operating policies for the area. Attend and participate in Team, Department and any other meetings required.
- Participate in departmental training and retraining on a regular basis.
- Maintain good housekeeping and participate in 5S initiatives.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact George Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number 1816