Our client, located in Brampton, ON has immediate opportunities for a Materials Manager to join their team.
• Sufficient experience and knowledge to plan production requirement based on customer demand.
• Work with engineering, planning, and other personnel to exchange information regarding inventories, schedules, and launching new products.
• Analyze and maintain inventory levels
• Sufficient experience to manage outside processing vendors
• Schedule raw material with suppliers through EDI/CMS
• Responsible for maintaining and adjusting inventory requirements based on past history
• Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans
• Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries
• Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues
• Able to work in a team environment and do other duties that may arise from time to time
• BS degree in business, management, logistics or other related discipline; Masters in related field a plus CPIM/APICS certification an asset
• 5+ years progressive experience in management of materials & sourcing within automotive manufacturing
• Experience in the ERP/MRP software (CMS software knowledge is an asset)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills
• Experience in shipping and receiving
• Leads by example and motivates people to create challenging and collaborative working environment.
• Good analytical problem solving ability.
• Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis.
• Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive supplier performance.
• Ability to work in a fast paced & changing automotive environment
• Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at email@example.com or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions.
Job # 1961