Our client has an immediate opportunity for several Mechanical Assemblers to join their team.
Shift: 2-week rotation of Days (7:00-3:30pm) and afternoons (3:10-11:20pm)
Wage: $14 per hour. Overtime is available.
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for performing operations in preparation, connection, assembly and inspection of various parts into heated components. In this role, the Mechanical Assembler will provide assistance to other Assemblers when necessary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all parts received are correct to given specifications or blueprints;
- Select/build, assemble and prep components to proper specification as per JIS;
- Ensure components are safely secured for processing;
- Setup and operate hand and automated coiling machine for making element coils;
- Setup and operate vibratory and fast filling machine used in heating element assembly;
- Setup and operate vacuum oven used in the annealing of heating elements;
- Setup and operate swaging machines and roll reducers;
- Ensure elements are formed correctly as per JIS using hand tools and/or jig or fixture;
- Document and record dimensions of the component, where required;
- Conduct multiple inspections (resistance, dielectric, x-ray, visual) to verify compliance of component to the applicable part lists, blueprints, test sheets and JIS;
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of one year (1) of equivalent training/experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good manual dexterity is required.
- Excellent communication skills
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike MacLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org.