Senior Mechanical Designer
- A Bachelor of Applied Science or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent from a recognized University is preferred or an Associate Degree/ Engineering Diploma, preferably with a specialization in design and drafting, from a recognized Community College or equivalent experience as assessed by the Hiring Manager
- Specialization training with certifications where applicable from recognized training organizations, in the use of CAD systems and software, such Catia, Unigraphics, FIDES, AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks;
- A minimum of 8 years of direct experience and demonstrated capabilities in concepting, 3-D designing and 2-D detailing by consistently using one or more of the above mentioned CAD systems for the design of manufacturing and assembly tooling, which include geo, respot, end-of-arm tooling, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries are a must- automotive, aerospace, construction and forestry vehicles/ equipment manufacturing industries. In the automotive manufacturing industry, specific experience focused in any one or more of the following areas is highly recommended: body-in-white welding and assembly, closure hanging, powertrain manufacturing systems, component washers, leak-testers, functional testing matching), final assembly, or material handling in manufacturing plants.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment including following on tools during the fabrication, build installation and commissioning phases of the project.
- Ability and willingness to travel to any of the customer and Company’s work locations in North America, Europe and Asia, as required by Management.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, when necessary, including overtime, weekends and holidays and on night shift, as project and customer demands dictate.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others, including peers and personnel in other departments.
Please submit resume to email@example.com