Our client has an immediate opening for a Metallurgist
- Ensure customer’s requirements are met and that testing is carried out in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Manage Mechanical Testing to ensure customers’ requirements are met and testing is carried out in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Provide Metallurgical and technical support to internal and external customers.
- Provide guidance and training to internal team.
- Ensure procedures are in place and complied with all Laboratory functions.
- Monitor mechanical testing and NCT operations to ensure compliance with internal procedures and customer requirements.
- Monitor heat treatment operations to ensure compliance with internal procedures and customer requirements including internal and sub contracted processes.
- Investigate complaints of a metallurgical nature and report findings and initiate corrective actions where required.
- Provide metallurgical support by: a. Reviewing and advising Sales and APQP Team where requests for quotations are received where special testing is involved. b. Reviewing customer orders and advising Sales and APQP Team on implications and routing for any special testing. c. Advising Manufacturing unit and APQP Team on heat treatment requirements. d. Investigating material failures and recommending corrective and preventive actions communicating results to interested parties including the APQP Team.
- Carrying out Mechanical Testing.
- Promote and participate in a safe and healthy work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, or a related field with three years experience in a manufacturing environment or five years experience with heat treatment or equivalent.
- Accustom to heat treat operations and following safe operation for equipment.
- Knowledge of metallurgy related to heat treat and operating procedures for manufacturing and quality.
- Equivalent related work experience in heat treating and welding will be considered.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, hot stamp process and/or particular machining, heat treating, induction hardening.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizing, planning and problem-solving skills
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability.