Our client in Northwest, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Millwright.
- Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all maintenance operations;
- You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime;
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs;
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel as we transition from project construction into daily operation activities;
- Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM’s, and updating the equipment database;
- Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and need for repair or adjustment;
- You will apply your excellent organizational skills to maximize uptime, quality and production;
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all sawmill equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner;
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals;
- Shift work will be required.
- Industrial or Construction Mechanic/Millwright certification;
- 3 years’ experience in related industrial environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment;
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills;
- Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives;
- MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills;
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence;
- Other trade certificates and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and welding or other related experience in the wood product industry will be considered;
- In addition, candidates in a Millwright apprenticeship program will be considered based on a two-year Industrial Mechanics Diploma or equivalent;
- Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment;
- Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job # 5374