Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Millwright to join their team in Woodbridge, ON.
Wage: $28 per hour
Shift: Afternoon shift with the occasional day shift.
- Responsible for any required maintenance, repairs, or modifications on all machinery and equipment.
- Dismantle and assemble complicated machinery to determine cause of trouble and remedies the same.
- Ensure all machinery/equipment is maintained in good operating condition.
- Perform maintenance inspections on all machinery during plant closures.
- Responsible for inventory of supplies and requesting supplies required for the operation of the department.
- Ensure all waste oils, greases, etc. are collected, stored and maintained.
- Make replacement parts requiring the operation of lathes, milling machine, surface grinder, drill press, bench grinder, bandsaw.
- Setup and maintain jigs and welding programs as needed.
- Ensure that all records of machine repairs and lockouts are maintained and filed.
- Review and recommend changes to machinery and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment or machinery.
- Adjust equipment and align machinery parts.
- Adjust equipment and rest or calibrate sensors and controls.
- Ensure that all repairs are done in compliance with legislation. i.e. Building Code, Electrical Code, Pressure Vessels Code.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have an Industrial Mechanic Certificate / Millwright (Red Seal).
- Qualified and/or certified electrical/electronic and metal fabrication.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls.
- Must have understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Must have a skill set to be able and have understanding of spot welding.
- Ability to pinpoint difficult problems and initiate creative solutions.
- Possess the ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Understanding or operating principles of machines. (brake press, punch press, roll former, shear weidman….)
- Ability to adapt to new technology and equipment.
- Must be available for Christmas shutdown
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at email@example.com