Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Millwright to join their team.
Wage: $30 per hour – Benefits available
Shift: Day Shift – Candidates must be able to work other shifts if needed.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of the construction and practical application of the various machines and equipment in the CNC machining department
- Possess and working knowledge of the systems and equipment in the general plant and the actual building and the ability to maintain same
- Demonstrate strong General Machining (lathes, mills grinders), fabrication and welding skills (mig, tig, stick, oxy/accel)
- Instruct both the theory and practical applications of the maintenance and repair processes and best practices to all members of the team respecting skill levels, with attention to safety, quality, cost and timing
- Possess a working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and their operation as well as maintenance and repair
- Participate in the determination of the need for service and maintenance specialists to be contracted to perform specific tasks on machines, equipment and the plant
- Support and participate in the preventative maintenance program for all equipment and machines
- Ability to read, understand and develop required information to complete the maintenance and repair process(s) to specifications from prints, schematics, data and instructions
- Ability to interact with management, team leaders / coordinators, suppliers, technical representatives, contract maintenance personnel, etc.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, etc.
- Assemble and install equipment using hand tools and power tools
- Participate in a team environment with various departments and management to create innovative solutions to resolve problems that may arise during the machining process, mould build, and repair or general operations of the shop
- Verify the finished results of any job to the internal and external customer specifications; report all problems or discrepancies to management
- Able to travel to investigate new technologies and processes
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abide by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, promote safety in the workplace
- Report all accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions/behaviour
- Participate in and support Continuous Improvement and WCM initiatives
- Maintain work area in accordance with the principles of 5S and operate daily within these standards; Ensure work area is kept neat and organized
- Perform other duties as required
- Completion of Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) diploma/certification from a recognized college
- 5 years’ experience as a Millwright in the automotive industry
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of the construction and practical application of the various cnc machines and equipment used in automotive manufacturing
- Able to communicate in English (read, write and speak)
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated with a positive attitude
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at [email protected] .