Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Millwright to join their team.
Shift: 3 shift rotation every 2 weeks
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Operate lifting devices (overhead bridge cranes, fork/combi-lifts, and man-lifts such as scissor lifts and genie booms) as required.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Monitor, operate and/or troubleshoot all plant infrastructure.
- Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
- Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar process.
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design.
- Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures.
- Communicate information throughout shift and at shift exchange.
- Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Tooling provided it could be done safely.
- Establishes and follows- up full projects implementation including timing, concept, feasibility, design, specifications, construction and commissioning.
- Services, maintains, repairs, installs and tests new or existing equipment and verifies conformance to specifications.
- Troubleshooting of process problems and completes quality improvements as required to maintain part standards of quality.
- Deals extensively with production team and other support groups as well as vendors (both part supplies and equipment suppliers).
- Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors.
- Prepare drawings, material specifications to requisition as required by vendors or other departments.
- Assist in developing and maintain preventative / predictive maintenance procedures.
- Mechanics shall be able to program and trouble shoot Fanuc Robots and Lincoln Power Sources as well understand the grounding circuit of a robotic weld cell.
- Mechanics shall have a good understanding of Hydraulic and pneumatic circuits and the ability to trouble shoot valves, accumulators, pilot operated check valves, cylinders and all associated hardware.
- Mechanics should have a good understanding of welding processes such as mig, tig, and arc welding.
- Participate in the development of team members through training and collaboration. (Achieve Total Productive Maintenance).
- Monitor and participate ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality, and Productivity) are being achieved and if not assist in developing and action plan to ensure success.
- Perform other duties as designated.
- Millwright Certificate of Qualification (426A or 433A).
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Proof of completion of a Mechanical or Tool and Die course from a community or recognized college program consisting of 4 years or more.
- Minimum two years’ experience as an Industrial / Construction Journeyman.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.