Our client located in Palmerston, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Paint Engineer.
General Job Description
Reporting to the Paint Engineering Supervisor, you will be responsible for the development and improvement of all paint processes, including defect reduction, cycle time management, material usage and process control.
- Working closely with Paint Engineers to troubleshoot problems in the paint process, trials for new products/equipment, scrap reduction, and paint usage reduction.
- Rebuild and replace paint mixing equipment.
- Assisting Quality Control, Tooling Maintenance, and Injection Departments with any issues due to the paint process and working together to resolve them.
- Investigate “WHY?” in all aspects of the processes and find a solution to ensure it does not happen again.
- Focus on mizzen boushi activities – prevent them from occurring before it happens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble-shoot defects and implement countermeasures by determining the cause of the trouble and taking steps to prevent re-occurrence.
- Operating paint booths and paint kitchens for Engineering trials
- Inspecting parts and collecting data on Engineering trials
- Training set-up and supervisors with new products and procedures.
- On-call work as assigned.
- Trials for new products, equipment, tools etc.
- Maintain consistent quality and production by stabilizing processes and machine functions.
- Reduce machine down time by implementing maintenance and preventative maintenance (delegate the actual repairs/maintenance to the maintenance dept.).
- Fill out MSCN’s for tool modifications, retrials, & follow-up to ensure the modifications were implemented and successful by retrial.
- Shipping trial parts.
- Working with lab equipment to do colour shots and film build on trial parts
- Working with lab equipment to analyze defects under the microscope
- Monthly scrap/defect ratio report.
- Daily/weekly, defect information – maintain charts and report activity weekly.
- Support tool PM activities by rebuilding and replacing paint mixing equipment
- Testing rebuild equipment to ensure it’s ready for production use.
- Work in a safe manner and maintain 5S.
- Hand painting trial parts.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.
Job Number 1848