Our client located on Northern BC has an immediate openings for a Plant Operations Superintendent.
Pay Rate: $90-93k
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for manufacturing and maintenance operations through subordinate supervisors.
- Lead, plan and participate in process improvement, cost reductions and continuous improvement projects as part of the site business plan.
- Direct daily production and maintenance operations and systems to ensure production meets delivery schedules.
- Develop and lead preventative/predictive maintenance, including working with Hydraulics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Process Control, Pneumatic, Power Transmissions, Welding, and Fabrication, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment, oil analysis and NDT.
- Assist and participate with interviewing, selection and orientation process, has significant responsibility for the hiring process from recommendation to hiring and promotions.
- Ensure and maintain established customer focus for employees, effectively maintain positive relationships with key strategic external and internal customers/suppliers.
- Responsible for staff training, performance management/development, setting daily work schedules. Provide coaching and counseling on performance feedback, up to initiating and assisting with corrective action.
- Manage production and maintenance department budget and participate in forecasting activities to ensure sales targets are met and mill efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure equipment supplies and mill facilities are in appropriate working condition to meet business needs.
- Prepare timely reports for distribution to internal customers; maintain accurate records and files.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of mill process and equipment, have workable knowledge of industry technological developments and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of managerial and supervisory skills.
- Skills or knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software packages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Associates’ degree in Business, Manufacturing, Production or related field.
Bachelors’ degree preferred.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact George Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number 1953