Our client located in White River, Ontario has an immediate opening for a PLC/IT Tech
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of all PLC and automation devices as well as internal IT infrastructure mill-wide
- Demonstrate a consistent sense of urgency and follow up to ensure timely and satisfactory execution.
- Monitor and maintain PLC, telephone and server networks;
- Perform required updates, repairs and upgrade as required;
- Maintain up to date backups of programs devices and networks;
- Work to achieve the best preventative techniques to eliminate equipment failures and continually monitor for and diagnose problems;
- Perform regular maintenance on internal IT infrastructure including desktop support, user maintenance and hardware installation;
- Provide in-house troubleshooting and commissioning service and technical support for new and existing equipment (MS Windows Desktop and Server Environment, MS SQL databases, layer 2 & 3 networks including DeviceNet);
- Work with engineering and optimization team on PLC programming, machine modifications, and preventative maintenance;
- Conduct problem solving activities while assisting engineers with root cause analysis;
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications, including but not limited to VFDs, servo and valve positioners, vision systems, and optimization scanner systems;
- Maintain knowledge, skills and abilities and keep up to date with changing technologies;
- Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practices.
- Degree or diploma in a related field, or a minimum of 3 years work experience; Sawmill or industrial experience preferred;
- Possesses strong PLC programming skills (industrial experience preferred);
- Knowledge of vision systems including motion control;
- Experience in setting up and supporting layer 2 & 3 networks including DeviceNet, MS
- Windows Desktop and Server Environment, and MS SQL database;
- Familiar with setup and deployment of IP devices including phones, cameras and access control;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- Possesses Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal);
- Holds the required certifications and/or demonstrate require knowledge; Demonstrates a consistent sense of urgency and follow up to ensure timely and satisfactory execution;
- Demonstrates desire and willingness to learn new technologies on an ongoing basis; Demonstrates quick thinking and exceptional problem solving skills along with the ability to select effective solutions;
- Detail oriented;
- Able to work with limited supervision.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.