Our client, located in Golden British Columbia, has immediate opportunities for a Second Class Power Engineer/Supervisor to join their team.
As an integral part of the company management team, the Chief Engineer provides team leadership with a focus on health and safety, environmental management, customer satisfaction and strong financial performance. The Chief Engineer is a senior representative at the Mackenzie Power operation and will have responsibility for overseeing the overall plant performance including safety, environmental performance, development and performance of employees, and financial performance including revenues, costs, and profitability of the facility.
- Champion a safe and healthy work environment to ensure the health and safety of all workers at the Power Plant.
- Providing the vision and leadership that encourages growth and safeguards people, assets, and environment as well as ensure the profitability of the business unit.
- Supervise direct reporting staff to create a highly functional aligned team,
- Be an effective communicator and promote a workplace environment that shows respect, fairness, and clarity.
- Follow and improve existing management systems to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and achievement of safety, environmental and financial objectives (responsibility for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management including development of performance goals for safety, environment, people, costs, expenses and inventory)
- Oversight on day-to-day operations of the plant including reporting of key performance metrics for safety, people, environment, production, maintenance.
- Promote site-wide general housekeeping,
- Understand and manage workforce compliance with USW Collective Agreement, addressing any labour issues that arise,
- Promote compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and developing a continuous learning culture,
- Directing scope and prioritization for all maintenance outages, assessing longer-term upgrades,
Supporting and maintaining positive relationships with key suppliers, engineering, trades contractors, OEM stakeholders.
- 1st Class Power Engineering designation in BC
10+ years managing operations in electrical power generation plant.
- Desirable Qualifications:
- 5+ years supervision in a unionized environment
- 1st Class Power Engineering
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions.