Our client located in Chetwynd, British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Power Plant Superintendent
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the power plant and administration of fire and pollution control programs.
- Direct the work of the power plant personnel to ensure continuous and safe operation, maintenance and installation of equipment in the plant in compliance with Company and Government Regulations.
- Maintain an adequate accident prevention program which will develop a positive attitude towards safety.
- Ensure proper manpower levels are maintained.
- Coordinate with departments and contractors.
- Mentor and lead 4th Class Power Engineers as needed
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment
- Identify, collect and submit work requests.
- Provide a climate which would promote employee development, efficiency and morale within the bounds of the collective agreement.
- Ensure optimum inventory levels of maintenance parts and supplies are maintained and secure cost efficient use of materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Knowledge of current government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated managerial skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software.
- Ability to manage and direct a capital improvement project plan.
- Associates’ degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Third Class Steam Certificate recognized in British Columbia
- Demonstrated experience supervising and operating a power plant.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.