- Develop, design, and communicate manufacturing processes.
- Monitor and revise processes to help generate cost savings and improve the quality and efficiency of product/process.
- Initiate design review to improve the ability to manufacture products.
- Responsible for the activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and performing process characterization and optimization studies using designed experiments, problem-solving and decision-making tools.
- Identify and solve issues or problems with equipment/process.
- Troubleshoot possible causes and coordinates the activities of maintenance, production and other available resources to implement cost effective solutions.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
Experience in welding operations or a combination of education and welding experience.
- The ability to trouble-shoot equipment on the floor.
- The ability to create and interpret complex blueprints with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Knowledge of PLC, tooling and sensors for equipment selection / Troubleshooting would be an asset.
- Ability to create PFMEA and error proofing for product and process.
- Understanding of wire forming, stamping process, metal forming, resistance and mig
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number 1750