Assumes responsibility for reviewing, quoting, planning, organizing, monitoring, and managing all phases of tool and die build projects.
- Conducts preliminary review; prepares and submits quotes. Receives notification of intent to award project. Conduct internal kick-off meeting per clients standards
- Meets with customers and team members to gain understanding and knowledge of projects and to determine tooling requirements, components, materials, technologies, health, safety and security measures.
- Successfully monitors project status and adherence to schedules, requirements, and deadlines..
- Maintains accurate and complete records during the development process. Ensures related oral and electronic communications regarding project requirements, design changes, problems, solutions, etc. are securely maintained and readily available for review. Responsible for following and updating the ATQP process.
- Co-ordinates, records, and implements quality loops per standards as required. Ensures problems are resolved quickly and effectively. Coordinates final customer design review and conducts design validation.
- Monitors contracts and manages project budgets. Participates in monthly cost curve review meetings.
- Ensures tools are fully functional and meet established project requirements and deadlines.
- Ensures final versions of tooling and supporting materials are delivered to customers in a timely manner, and that all dynamic buy-off procedures are followed and completed.
- Conducts home line try-out meeting with plant personnel and closing meetings per clients standards.
- Works to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction with finished products and support services.
- Maintains regular contact with plant personnel to obtain or convey information related to the project.
- Keeps management informed of projects, area activities, and any significant problems or concerns.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings to ensure personnel are well informed of project details.
- Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Keeps accurate, thorough, and legally compliant documentation. Participates and chairs continuous improvement meeting (5 why’s) as needed.
- Grade 12, or equivalent in experience; excellent leadership and project management skills
- Thorough understanding of tooling applications, processes, and equipment.
- Knowledge of effective management techniques and methods. ISO, WHMIS, and APQP paperwork training.
- Works well in a team environment; ability to motivate and collaborate with others
- 10 or more years of tool and die /project management experience.
- Strong computer design skills, knowledge and abilities; ability to create, edit and understand Excel spreadsheets
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org