Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Programmer – Robot / PLC / CNC to join their team.
Wage: $30 – $35 per hour.
- Develop and improve programs PLC, Robot, CNC by using software to ensure efficient, cost effective process cycles.
- Make programs or changes based on verbal instructions, data or drawings.
- Check completed programs by running simulations, tests or measurements.
- Prepare geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determine best sequence of operations by analysing job order and perform necessary calculations.
- Analyse and select appropriate speeds and cutting tools when programming CNC machines.
- Set-up, adjust and troubleshoots machines to ensure that parts are produced according to quality and cycle time requirements.
- Monitor all programs to make sure they follow their intended task safely and successfully.
- Ensure that all set-ups and repairs are done in a manner that will ensure the Company’s objectives with respect to minimizing downtime and scrap.
- Share work knowledge and provide training for members of the team.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping (5S) at all times.
- Participate in team problem solving, preventative/corrective action and on-going continuous improvements as required.
- Responsible for encouraging teams to develop new ways to improve quality and productivity.
- 5 years’ experience in PLC (Omron), Robot and/or CNC programming
- 5 years’ experience in automotive parts manufacturing and finishing processes.
- Excellent knowledge of hand tools and assembly process.
- Excellent knowledge of measuring equipment and SPC.
- Understanding of other number systems such as HEX, BCD, ASCI and other data types.
- Experience with Omron, Schneider, Eaton, AB and ezPanel screens.
- Able to read and make electrical drawings when necessary.
- Able to use a multi meter and Scope meter, among others.
- Follow the electrical safety code book.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints.
- Must be fluent in English and maintain a co-operative and positive manner with other staff members in a team spirited environment.
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions