Our client located in Windsor Ontario, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer
- Support Capital Project team with design
- Manage multiple designs / drawings
- Manage and keep up to date the equipment / plant mechanical design database
- Review equipment / facility designs to ensure accuracy
- Create BOMs & manufacturing instructions
- Manage build of mechanical items (hand rails, part racking, custom bracketry, etc…)
- Develops and manages RFQs with the help of Project Engineers
- Develops and manages project timelines and open issue lists with the help of project engineers.
- Works directly with the manager facility planning to develop project definition and pre-planning phases of project development as required.
- Works regularly with the Facility planning team to ensure appropriate drawings and standards are developed and secured.
- Mechanical background capable of understanding any aspect of the above responsibilities
- Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes (manufacturing process flow, industrial construction, heavy equipment installations, automation)
- Must be able to use MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), MS Project an asset.
- Must be proficient with AutoCad 2D
- Proficient in 3D CAD (UG NX preferred)
- The ability to freely travel across boarders (USA)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Strong technical and analytical aptitudes for problem solving
- Good analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Prioritizing / time management skills, ability to cope with multiple tasks
- Four year degree from a recognized post secondary in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
- Experience in a stamping environment.
- Experience in a tooling environment an asset.
- Experience developing budgets and project plans.
- Customer service skills to interact with executives and divisional leaders.
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the Capital Project Management Team.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact George Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number – 1874