Our client located in London, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Quality Department Leader
Pay Rate: $110 – $117k
• Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects our company Expectations, Visions,Values through our Employee Charter.
• Follow and abide by all government, Legal, and Company rules and regulations.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Ensure compliance in regards to ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and MAFACT
• Departmental staffing, budgeting and planning
• Plant support in business operating and quality systems improvements.
• Prepares reports, charts and other documentation required for Quality records and projects.
• Deals with customer and vendors.
• Travel to customer/supplier on any shift to support and assess concerns.
• Participate in the investigation and resolution of all customer and supplier concerns.
• Support the initiating, tracking, and the communication of supplier / customer issues.
• Support the training of production personnel in all quality requirements.
• Follow up new programs to contain cost, timing and quality requirements from prototype phases and die construction through tool prove out, buy-off and program launch.
• Thorough and effective use of CPMP.
• Work with customers, vendors and other departments to implement quality improvements.
• Give direction to QA team as required.
• Supply performance reviews in an orderly and timely manner.
• Back-up all Area Leader in their absence.
• Prepare and monitor annual department operating and capital budgets.
• Participate in short term planning.
• Requisition, authorize or seek approval for new equipment and/or systems as required.
• Participate in recruiting of department personnel by conducting interviews as required.
• Ensure that workplace inspections are conducted and unsafe conditions or acts are addressed.
• Ensure that all Accidents/Incident Investigations are completed and corrective actions are implemented.
• Ensure that corrective measures including discipline where necessary are taken for unsafe conditions or acts.
• Responsible for adhering to all applicable regulations and legislation as pertaining to operating and safety functions.
• Perform other duties as designated.
• Completion of Quality Assurance, Weld Technology or Engineering Certificate, or Certificate of Qualification in a recognized trade.
• Minimum 5 years of related leadership experience in an automated automotive manufacturing environment.
• CQE or CQM an asset.
• IATF Lead auditor an asset
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.
Job Number: 1951