Our client located in Palmerston, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer
- Automotive Drawing (Blueprint) reading, GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
- 3D CAD model viewing and interpretation of FIT & FORM with respect to vehicle position.
- Use of measurement equipment (caliper, micrometer, optical comparator) for Part Accuracy confirmation
- Work with internal and customer design groups for design changes
- Develop part inspection requirements, methods and systems
- Support training of Production and Quality dept. team members on inspections methods and criteria
- SPC – Data collection/measurement (check fixtures) for part Cpk analysis and Gauge R&R’s
- Control Plan development and reading
- PFMEA development and updates
- Take colour readings and analyze data to match with parts and have corrections made which requires the understanding of colour theory for injection and paint
- Grain/colour submission and approval from the customer
- Creation and submission of Customer specific requirements for Part Approval
- Review and approval of supplier PPAP’s
- Handle Engineering Changes
- Create and update process documentation, work instruction, First / Last check sheets
- Investigation & Problem Solving techniques (5 why’s/5P/8D, Fishbone, etc.)
- First contact for customer/supplier support and problem solving
- Countermeasure report submissions to customers and controlling reports are closed by specified due dates
- Supplier visits and process reviews
- Problem follow up and completion relating to concern parts
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with both the customer and supplier
- Work in a safe manner and maintain 5S
- Other duties as assigned
- Engineering designation
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of ISO / IATF 16949
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Experience with injection molding and paint systems considered and asset.
Please submit resumes to
email@example.com including salary expectations and availability.
Job Number 1837