Our client located in Windsor, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer
Salary: $70-80k based on experience
- Responsible for analyzing all stages of the manufacturing system to maximize the quality of the process itself and the products being produced including prevention planning and the correction of non-conformance with the production cycle
- Responsible for the Quality System Maintenance
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective action for process related concerns
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen and lean methods
- Develop, implement, and participate in training to build quality awareness.
- Act as a support to the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions
- Analyze failure, corrective, and preventative action to respond to customer complaints
- Maintain quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures and other relevant written processes
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the overall activities of receiving/outgoing quality functions
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions, and preventive actions
- Manage suppliers’ performance and conduct audits
- Comply and enforce all safety procedures as required by the Health & Safety Act and/or Company practices or procedures including but not limited to the wearing of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as specified by the Act or designated by the Company
- Evaluating the company’s product specification and examining them with customer requirements.
- Coaching, managing, mentoring and developing new and existing employees
- Participate and complete all Health and Safety training or any other training mandated by the Company
- Promote and participate in a safe and healthy work environment
- Other duties as assigned by the management team
- Possess 3-5 years of supervisory or related experience in a fast paced production/manufacturing environment.
- Education: Post Secondary or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizing, planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to train personnel
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50lbs)
- Ability to find information, document relevant information and knowledge of computers
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
- Experience in Automotive industry (PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP)
- Ability to work all shifts (days, afternoons, midnights)
Please submit resumes to
firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability.
Job Number 1870