Our Client has an immediate opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join their team.
- Hands-on interaction with a large variety of control systems to understand processes and extract the required SCADA data signals for monitoring within an MES/IoT system.
- Troubleshoot machine communications to support data transfers to control systems.
- Implement KEPWARE communications across various platforms.
·Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components, and systems.
·Support SR&ED efforts of the team.
- A minimum of five years of experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting in an automation system build, repair or retrofit capacity.
- Robust knowledge of advanced PLC programming on Siemens Step7/TIA
- Portal – additional knowledge of Allen Bradley RS Logix, Fanuc would be a definite asset.
- Experience with factory-floor data networking and machine communications (Ethernet, TCP/IP, OPC).
- Previous experience with vision and metal marking systems.
- Industrial Electrical Maintenance (442A) Certificate of Qualification or working towards certification is a definite asset.
- A keen desire to stay current with the latest PLC and machine control and communications technologies.
- Excellent communication skills to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work within, co-ordinate and lead cross functional teams.
Please submit resume, 2 references, and wage expectations to Chris Halliwell at [email protected] or call Chris directly at 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108.