Our client located in Chetwynd, British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Safety Manager to join their team.
- Provide management level specialized and in-depth consultation and services to leadership regarding Safety, Industrial Health, and Fire Prevention concerns, operations, and compliance issues
- Take lead role in special projects, audits (i.e., EHS Assessments) corporate standard/guideline development or revision, or corporate task teams review as assigned
- Communicate goals and objectives of Safety Management System and manage continuous improvement efforts.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness of current programs; recommend improvements to policies and procedures. Develop, coordinate, and facilitate education and training on Safety, Industrial Health, and Fire Prevention issues
- Monitor Safety record keeping and compliance; conduct periodic inspections
- Manage Fire Prevention Plans
- Manage Contractor Safety process along with Supply group.
- May directly manage site 24/7 employee health screening and wellness efforts
- Manage and coordinate employee industrial health monitoring and testing
- Develop and manage site safety and industrial health budget
- Manage individuals assigned to site Fire Prevention crew
- Lead and manage incident investigation and corrective action process
- Lead and manage hazard recognition, hazard reduction/elimination process
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Safety and Health or related field preferred.
- 5 or more years previous Safety and Industrial Health experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years supervisory or management experience Recognized health and safety certification or the ability to achieve certification
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State/Provincial and local industrial health, safety, and fire prevention rules, regulations, and related strategies
- Detailed knowledge of safety policies & procedures and fire prevention programs
- Knowledge of current supervisory and management techniques
- Supervisory and management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software
- Demonstrated ability to develop, coordinate and deliver safety education and training
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams to achieve program and project outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to compile and analyze basic data, develop metrics, and perform cost benefit analysis
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike Macleod at [email protected] or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 103 with any questions.