Our client located on Surrey BC has an immediate openings for a Saw Filer.
Pay Rate: $42/hr plus benefits
- Read, understand and follow written safe work procedures.
- Measure product sizes to ensure accuracy and monitor throughout cut and make necessary adjustments.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any or mechanical/electrical problems.
- The time periods between whistles and scheduled saw changes shall be spent maintaining all saws.
- Additional spare time is to be utilized performing a preventative maintenance program.
- In situations of a major breakdown where the mill is unable to function, he will be expected to assist in the necessary repairs.
- Problem areas are to be noted and forwarded for further examination and repair.
- Bench all types of circular saws which means to inspect saws for plumb, level and proper tension
- Correct any saw plate defects by hammering or rolling the saws
- Maintain and align components of circular saw machine centers – including gang edger’s, shifting edger’s, trimmers – so that saws will operate at peak efficiency and with a minimum of saw wear and wood waste
- Maintain the specified tooth geometry of circular saws by applying various tipping and sharpening methods
- Maintain circular saw benching equipment, tipping and sharpening equipment and alignment tools and equipment
- Use of power tools (grinders, tippers, levelers, tensioners and Babbitt pots) and hand tools o Perform scheduled and as needed saw changes
- Complete any other work that is usually performed by a circular Sawfiler in the lumber manufacturing industry
- Able to understand and communicate in English (Safety procedures and policies)
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment
- Communicate clearly with supervisors, maintenance personnel and co-workers
- Saw Filer ticket
- Visual acuity
- Clear understanding of Metric and Imperial measure
- Quick decision making abilities
- Hand-eye coordination
- Able to physically handle heavy materials safely and effectively
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.
Job Number 2075