Our client located in New Brunswick has an immediate opening for a Sawmill Maintenance Manager.
- Lead your team in performing all of their tasks consistent with safety program
- Plan, coordinate and allocate resources to support the execution of the site’s overall maintenance program day-to-day
- Champion and to sustain maintenance best practices in performing all maintenance services
- Develop a detailed annual budget, together with comprehensive cost tracking and forecasting for the department’s activities
- Develop and oversee strategic plans around capital and maintenance spending
- Plan and manage periodic asset outages, including annual major mill outages
- Develop and grow the members of your team to ensure the sustainability of our work force, and help them set priorities and determine objectives in accordance with the mill’s priorities
- Maintain a positive, active and open dialogue with employees and contractors to promote safe work practices, sustainable maintenance best practices and reliability, and high productivity.
- Engineering (or comparable) degree, with at least 7-10 years of management experience
- Must have previous Sawmill experience in a maintenance managerial role
- Proficient analytical skills are essential, as well as a strong background in MS Office and experience with a computerized maintenance management system is crucial
- Strong, proven and trusted leader with a drive to surpass expectations, whose decision-making is based on sound analytical preparation. You are an excellent team worker, skilled at driving change in a spirit of continuous improvement
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in collaboration with your team, your peers and colleagues
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.