Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Sawmill Supervisor to join their team.
Wage: $75k yearly, negotiable, depending on experience.
- Monitor and maintain production volume, yield, quality (including lumber stacking)
- Must continually monitor and accommodate the mix of primary resources of wood, manpower and machinery to ensure optimum value and quality.
- Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up.
- Monitor machinery and equipment performance and report any mechanical deficiencies to maintenance personnel.
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime
- Make recommendations concerning modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposition of physical assets to maximize production results.
- Monitor and follow-up on determined performance indicators
- Identify and recommend long term changes to production targets, products and flow.
- Post-Secondary diploma or collegial degree in wood products or forestry field with at least 5 years of experience as Sawmill Supervisor.
- Knowledgeable on lumber manufacturing including equipment, processes and products
- Experience in managing a team of Operational Technician and general labor in a Sawmill.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical, fabrication/welding and PLC programming is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, usage of integrated Sawmill production systems.
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions.