Our client located in Dawson, British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) during the designated operating shift.
- Follow and support manufacturing or departmental activities of the site business plan with minimal guidance, deploy and communicate goals, objectives and performance measures related to area of responsibility.
- Supervise employees within a mill department or production team. Responsible for training, performance management preparation and communication of work schedules, and daily work assignments. Includes duties from staff and self-development, coaching, counseling on performance feedback, up to initiating and assisting with corrective action.
- Assist and participate with hiring, interviewing, selection and orientation process.
- Prepare detailed reports and maintain records and documentation according to guidelines in a timely and accurate manner.
- May participate in cross-functional teams, such as production meetings, safety committee and site business teams.
- Drives specific process improvement, cost reduction and continuous improvement projects, as directed.
- To supervise and manage all aspects of plant operations and activities related to the manufacturing processes during the designated operating shift or specific areas of the plant.
- Report promptly to appropriate managers/departments when upset conditions occur on shift or within area of responsibility.
- Take appropriate mitigating actions to ensure employee safety, plant and environmental protection, product quality, and shipping schedules. Investigate causes of upset conditions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to manage and work with outside contractors.
- Attend all supervisory training.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations, including maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, continuous improvement processes and their effect on cost of production.
- Knowledge of correct application of systems and processes that ensures continuous improvement (safety, maintenance, quality and manufacturing).
- Understanding of safety and environmental requirements.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and analytical skills problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships within and outside of manufacturing.
- Ability to interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to motivate, coach, lead and train direct reports through daily job assignments, team meetings, etc.
- Ability to operate computer and supporting software programs.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years post high school education strongly preferred.
- 2+ years in Production/Manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years supervisory/management experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
For more information about this position and Halliwell Consulting please visit our Website www.halliwellconsulting.com