Our client located in St.Thomas Ontario, has an immediate opening for a Tool and Die Maker.
Shift: 3 shift rotation every 2 weeks
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes or models.
- Builds, services, maintains, repairs, installs and tests new or existing equipment or tooling, and verifies conformance to specifications.
- Troubleshooting of process problems and completes quality improvements as required to maintain part standards of quality.
- Prepare templates and sketches, and determine work processes.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools.
- Inspect, maintain, repair and modify designated machinery, equipment, process and facilities as assigned.
- Test completed tools, dies, jigs or fixtures for proper operation.
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools
- Machine, fit and assemble casting and other parts to make precision models of required shape such as metal patterns, core boxes and match plates.
- Monitor and participate in ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality and Productivity) are being achieved.
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design.
- Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures
- Communicate information throughout shift and at shift exchange.
- Carries out preventative maintenance procedures as laid out by the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors.
- Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Tooling provided it could be done safely.
- Operate lifting devices (overhead bridge cranes, fork/combi-lifts, and man-lifts such as scissor lifts and genie booms) as required.
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Tool and Die Certificate of Qualification (430A) or Mould Maker Certificate of Qualification (431A).
- Minimum two years of experience as an Industrial Journeyman.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.
Job Number 1779