Our client, located in Burlington, ON, has immediate opportunities for Tool & Die Makers to join their team.
Wage: $33-$37/hr., negotiable, depending on experience.
- Conducting preoperational check of equipment and locking out and tagging out equipment.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, performing calculations, reading and interpreting work-in-process documentation, verifying work piece material, identifying and selecting tooling and measuring instruments or checking devices.
- Using precision measuring instruments to ensure accuracy of the diameter, depth, concentricity, position and finish of cut holes.
- Hand-filing, hand sawing, hand drilling holes, hand tapping threaded holes, hand-reaming, chasing threads and hand grinding.
- Selecting drill tooling, identifying and preparing cutting tools, locating and positioning work piece in drill, centre drilling a layout punch mark, drilling a hole, chamfering a hole, reaming and machine threading a hole, spot facing a hole, counter boring / sinking a hole.
- Selecting and checking condition of grinding wheel, installing grinding wheel.
- Locating and positioning work piece, surface grinding work piece.
- Cutting and preparing raw materials, blocking up and establishing datum.
- Machining components of dies, tools, jigs, and fixtures.
- Final fitting sub-assemblies and tool components.
- Inspecting the tooling and fit and functions
- Setting up and operating try-out press.
- Spot forming the steels and tools, preparing and forming an initial blank.
- Finalizing die assembly for final piece part production.
- Try out and troubleshooting the die.
- Inspecting part produced by the developed die and final inspection.
- Responsible for meeting customer due dates.
- Work with all departments to ensure timely completion of dies.
- Responsible for completing die within allotted quoted hours.
- Responsible for the training of the apprentices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program
- Certificate of Qualifications (Trade Code 430A)
- 5-7 years’ experience as a tool and die maker
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions.