Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Tool & Die Maker to join their team.
Wage: $22 – $31/hr, Negotiable depending on experience
Shift: Rotating Days/Afternoons
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Verify dimension, alignments and clearance of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators. Will also need to measure dimensions of completed tools and products produced by tools to verify conformance to specifications.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Develop and design new tools and dies, using computer-aided design software. 20) Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces, and feed or place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
- 5+ years working in a tool & die environment
- Experience building progressive, transfer and robotic transfer dies
- Ability to build dies from ordering of material to die buyoff
- Ability to read and interpret die designs and GD&T
- Ability to troubleshoot all aspects of build and tryout
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with stamping dies
- Experience working with Advanced High Strength Steel, an asset
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions.
job # 5357