Our client located in Mississauga, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Tool Room Supervisor
- Organize, motivate and discipline an efficient workforce to meet objectives.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationship with other departments.
- Maintains close liaison with engineering & quality departments on technical problems & designs.
- Participate in the design and development of methods & tools to improve capabilities & costs.
- Determine resources in terms of equipment, tools & machinery necessary to maintain high manufacturing standard.
- Develops & implements preventive tool & die maintenance program with the goal of high tool reliability & manufacturing flexibility.
- Supervise tool room personnel to maintain production dies & tools in an excellent condition to produce parts at the required quality level and be available for the scheduled production run.
- Estimate, schedule & execute any required changes of tools & dies to a high quality standard.
- Supervise in-house or sub-contracted building of new tools & dies to a high quality standard.
- Conduct performance reviews & prepare written appraisal for all department staff annually.
- Evaluate safety condition on the floor & initiates safety practices, procedures & recommends ideas to improve safety.
- Available after hours for emergencies.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Certified Tool & Die Maker with 15 years of experience as a Tool & Die maker.
- 5 years experience as a supervisor preferably in auto stamping industry
- Basic SPC knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to train people.
- Tool & Die making in auto industry: 10 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability.
Job Number 1899