Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Toolroom Manager to join their team.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering Department with quotes for Engineering changes, new tools, part builds etc.
- Drive innovation in skill, method and equipment.
- Provides Leadership: to Toolroom Lead hands (LH), ensures that their duties are well defined and support “do the right job” (quality/time/cost/person) is provided.
- Organize duties: and responsibilities with LH as per tasks. New machine and die builds, Die welders, machine, PM’s and injection mould repair.
- Plan and track all jobs, int. and ext. based on customer deadlines, supplier delivery dates and costs.
- Coordinate all work on hand with LH, co-ordinates daily/weekly/monthly work load. Sets priorities and delegates to appropriate LH.
- Take part in Designs and design reviews with the internal and/or external designers.
- Create weekly/monthly Down Time, OT, workload, manpower and budget to actual reports and corrective actions with timeliness and deliverables. Submit reports in a timely manner.
- Makes sure through LH, weekly Job Sheets, produced by Toolroom employees are accurate both as to hours worked and work performed. Track time to job activities and costs.
- Prepare time sheet summaries for payroll department for all Toolroom employees, bases on Job Sheets.
- Involve or facilitate problem solving, VAVE and CI. Records and tracks times and costs incurred to repair or improve existing dies/equipment/weleds.\/moulds.
- Liaises with Management, Engineering Department, Quality Department, Production Department, Materials Department and Human Resources to ensure effective flow of information.
- Assist with annual budget for department. Ensures that the tool room is properly equipped/stocked. Purchases materials and supplies needed for toolroom.
- Ensures job quality is always at high priority
- Maintains safety standards for Toolroom. Ensures all safety requirements are met and policies adhered to, including ensuring employees wear all required PPE. Cooperates with Safety Committee. Liaises with Health & Safety Supervisor to ensure compliance with all hazardous material legislation.
- Maintains Toolroom BOS/IATF/TS/ISO related procedures.
- Perform regular workplace inspections.
- Commend or correct health and safety performance. Correct all unsafe acts or conditions.
- 5 to 7 years of Toolroom management experience in Automotive environment or equivalent.
- A Toolmaker and/or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Good communication and leadership skills. A team player.
- Be able to work well with people up and down reporting ladder.
- Holds himself and others accountable and responsible in all situations.
- Interested in advancing old and developing new simple and sophisticated processes
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at [email protected] or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions.