Our client located in London, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Weld Engineering Area Leader
• Post-secondary education in engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years in Automotive Quality Welding Field.
• Experience with IATF 16949, AIAG Core Tools and Customer Weld Audits.
• Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects our company Expectations and our Visions/Values through our company Employee Charter.
• Follow and abide by all government, Legal and company rules and regulations.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Completion of payroll, vacation and overtime scheduling for your team.
• Provide feedback and performance reviews regularly.
• Directly responsible for the Health and Safety of your team.
• Conduct workplace safety inspections.
• Conduct safety talks and communicate safety bulletins.
• Train Team Members on the specific job hazards.
• Facilitate Accident and Incident Investigations.
• Enforce safety rules and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
• Provide / arrange coverage for absenteeism and overtime.
• Support the Liaisons with weld quality concerns at the customer/supplier plants.
• Travel to customer/supplier on any shift to support and assess concerns.
• Support weld team participation in the investigation and resolution of all customer and supplier concerns.
• Understand time and resources required for support of APQP activities, and generating PPAP packages.
• Direct & monitor implementation of all documentation for new products to ensure timeline is met for production readiness.
• Lead the weld group and production support team to successful closure of weld issues and on time exit from safe launch.
• Responsible for the daily activities of the Weld group.
• Support in the updates, revisions, implementation and archiving of weld records
• Monitor the successful completion of daily batch & hold processes
• Support the training of production personnel in all weld quality requirements.
• Ensure support is provided for all departments with any quality/welding concern.
• Develop meaningful KPIs that will drive Standard Work, Safety & Accountability.
• Support and follow through on completion of tasks / projects, PMR’s and CIP’s.
• Attend and / or champion meetings.
• Team specific meetings complete to schedule – follow up on tasks.
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency to achieve results.
• Perform other duties as designated.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.
Job Number 1708