Our client in Vaughan, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Electrician.
• Be able to wire and troubleshoot power and control circuits.
• Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
• Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and suggest/implement improvements.
• Evaluate potential risks to similar processes and develop work orders and plans to resolve issue.
• Preventative maintenance on Equipment – identifies weakness in design and implements improvements. Take pride in workmanship and when performing skilled work develop procedures to educate and train other team members performing the same work. Note – Monitor progress of repair to ensure problem is resolved.
• Monitor and participate in ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality and Productivity) are being achieved and if not develop action plan to ensure success.
• Ensure all key information is captured and exchanged at shift change to support the other shifts.
• Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures.
• Live up to agreement as maintenance technician and support cross-functional repairs to the equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment using the appropriate tools and meters.
• Develop, implement and follow up on closure of top 3 issues and report out to Supervisor regularly.
• Follow and abide by all government, Legal and company rules and regulations.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Have the authority to stop production for quality reasons.
• Have the right to refuse work based on safety or health concerns.
• Know and understand all Magna, Federal, State and Local legislated duties.
• Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping in the area and ensure that area of responsibility is clean, tidy and organized at all times.
• Attend training as required or as assigned.
• Know what to do in an emergency.
• Attend all physical examinations and tests including those required for respirator use and hearing protection.
• Be knowledgeable about any chemicals that you work with or that are in your immediate environment.
- Grade 12 and Licensed as an Industrial Electrician (442-A)
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience in repairs and troubleshooting
- Automotive and Robotic experience is a strong asset
- Fully conversant of Ontario Hydro Electrical Code Books
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic machinery as well as PLC programming
- Ability to read blueprint drawings
- Ability to read circuit diagrams and correlate to actual work piece.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 108.
Job Number: 5402