Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Maintenance Millwright to join their team.
Wage: $43 per hour + Benefits – per union agreement
Shift: Must be able and willing to work shifts as needed including: Days, afternoons, nights and weekends.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Journeyman Millwright with the ability to work in a safe and efficient manner as an integral member of the Maintenance team. Millwrights are responsible for the necessary predictive and preventative repairs to accomplish our reliability goals, and help maintain the mill on a day to day basis.
Other duties include:
Operating and maintaining drill presses, grinder, band saws, torches, welders, and other metal working tools to fabricate, repair and design parts and damaged components
- Changing out damaged components
- Required to know hoisting, rigging, hand signals, proper slings and shackles to perform lifts in a safe manner
- Lockout / tagout equipment
- Participating in root cause analysis of mechanical failure
- General housekeeping
- Certified Millwright with Inter-Provincial certification
- At least 5 years experience in the trade in an industrial plant.
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be able to work as a functional team member, as well as, independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines.
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike Macleod at firstname.lastname@example.org .